For the Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 9 sheets)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener (e.g., Stevia, Swerve)
- 2 tablespoons melted light butter or margarine (about 4g fat per tablespoon)
For the Filling:
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (e.g., Stevia, Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut, applesauce, sweetener, and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla extract, and coconut extract (if using) until smooth and creamy.
- Add the shredded coconut to the cream cheese mixture and mix until evenly distributed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust in the baking pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours or until completely cooled and set.
- Once chilled, cut into 16 squares.
These Skinny Coconut Cheesecake Bars should be stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy! Remember to check the current Weight Watchers program for any updates to point values.