- 200g whole wheat spaghetti (or other whole wheat pasta)
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 200g oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light butter (with reduced points)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (use a reduced-fat version or a WW-friendly alternative)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the whole wheat pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water according to the package directions until it’s almost al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside, reserving about 60ml of the cooking water.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and then the sliced oyster mushrooms. Cook without stirring for about 3 minutes until one side is browned. Stir occasionally and cook for another minute or two until the mushrooms are tender. If you’d like to add a bit of spice, you can sprinkle some red pepper flakes over the mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the sliced garlic. Cook the garlic until it turns golden, but be careful not to burn it. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the drained pasta and the reserved cooking water to the skillet with the mushrooms and garlic. Stir well to combine.
- Add the light butter (with reduced points) to the pasta and continue to stir until it melts and coats the pasta.
- Sprinkle in the chopped fresh parsley and the grated Parmesan cheese (use a WW-friendly alternative or reduced-fat version). Continue to cook for another minute, ensuring that everything is well combined.
- Divide the Aglio e Olio with Oyster Mushrooms into two servings and top with a little more grated Parmesan (or a WW-friendly cheese substitute).
Enjoy your Weight Watchers-friendly Aglio e Olio with Oyster Mushrooms with reduced points compared to the original recipe. Please note that the point values can vary based on the specific products you use, so it’s a good idea to calculate the exact SmartPoints for your dish.