with Cherry and Cream Cheese Filling Recipe. This decadent dessert is a chocolate lovers dream! You can still have dessert on Weight Watchers, and it tastes great!
PREP TIME30MINUTES MINS
COOK TIME5MINUTES MINS
COOLING & FREEZING TIME40MINUTES MINS
TOTAL TIME1HOUR HR 15MINUTES MINS
- Jelly Roll Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Small Bowl
- Electric Stand Mixer
- Sharp Knife
- nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp black coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp light butter melted
- ½ cup cream cheese – low fat softened
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- ½ cup frozen unsweetened dark sweet cherries thawed, drained, & chopped coarsely
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Prepare a jelly roll pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray, then lining with parchment paper.
- In a small sized mixing bowl, add flour, then whisk in baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt, until well combined. Set aside for later.
- In a stand mixer, or a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, add eggs, coffee, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in butter.
- Add flour/cocoa mixture and fold in using a spatula until just combined and smooth. Don’t over mix.
- In prepared jelly roll pan, Pour in batter and spread to an even layer.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 5 minutes, or until the cake has set, and is not shiny.
- As soon as cake comes out of the oven, spray with non-stick cooking spray, then cover the top with parchment paper.
- Right away, on one of the long sides of the pan, begin rolling the cake, including the bottom and top pieces of parchment paper. So, the cake on the short side of the pan will be the ends of the rolls.
- Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes.
For the Filling:
- In a small mixing bowl, add cream cheese. Stir in powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly, and gently unroll the cooled cake.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper.
- Gently spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on the unrolled cake
- Evenly place cherries on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Carefully roll the cake the same way it was rolled before without rolling in the bottom piece of parchment paper. Discard bottom piece of parchment paper.
- Layout a new piece of parchment paper. Place cake on one end, and roll tightly to completely cover the cake.
- Place cake in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut swiss roll into (10), 2 inch thick slices.
A Stand Mixer isn’t required, you can use an electric hand mixer instead.
MyWW Points: 5 Blue Plan and 6 Green Plan,
5 WW Freestyle Points and 6 Smart Points
Serving size: 1 slice
This recipe also works great with strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
We are not associated with Weight Watchers/WW in any way. Double check points on their official calculator.
Calories: 143kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 5gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 246mgPotassium: 113mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 321IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 1mg