- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade (look for a sugar-free or reduced-sugar option)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (for thickening)
- 1 tablespoon water (for mixing with cornstarch)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the orange marmalade, reduced-sodium soy sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, minced garlic, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes. This will be your orange chicken sauce.
- Place the chicken pieces in the crockpot.
- Pour the orange chicken sauce over the chicken in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, mix the cornstarch with water to make a slurry, and then add it to the crockpot. This will thicken the sauce.
- Stir everything well, and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the Crockpot Orange Chicken over brown rice, cauliflower rice, or another low-point option.