Here’s a Weight Watchers-friendly version of Coconut and Chocolate Truffles:
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered stevia or another sugar substitute of your choice (ensure it’s Weight Watchers-friendly)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (in place of coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 4 oz (about 115g) sugar-free dark chocolate (make sure it’s Weight Watchers-friendly)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered stevia or another sugar substitute of your choice (adjust based on your sweetness preference)
- A pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut, powdered stevia, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract. Mix well until you have a cohesive mixture.
- Form the mixture into small truffle-sized balls and place them on a parchment-lined tray. You can refrigerate the balls for about 30 minutes to make them easier to handle.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the sugar-free dark chocolate until it’s smooth. If using the microwave, heat in 20-30 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
- Add powdered stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well. Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more stevia if needed.
- Using a fork or a toothpick, dip each coconut ball into the melted chocolate mixture to coat it completely. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the coated truffles back on the parchment-lined tray and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate coating is set.
- Once the chocolate is set, you can store these Weight Watchers-friendly coconut and chocolate truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy them as a delicious Weight Watchers treat.
Please note that the Weight Watchers points may vary depending on the specific ingredients you use, so make sure to calculate the points for your version.