- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, nuts, and shredded coconut (if using) until evenly distributed.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious cowboy cookies!
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe to your liking by adding or substituting ingredients. For example, you can use different types of chocolate chips, nuts, or even add dried fruits like raisins or cranberries.