For the lasagna:-
- 4 medium-sized zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)..
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the lean ground turkey and cook until it’s browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in the diced bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- Assemble the lasagna in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Begin with a thin layer of the turkey and vegetable sauce, followed by a layer of zucchini strips, and then a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat these layers until you’ve used all your ingredients, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the top is bubbly and slightly golden.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired…