- Mini sweet peppers (as many as you need)
- Fat-free cream cheese or a low-fat cheese of your choice (you can use reduced-fat cream cheese or a light cheese spread)
- Seasonings of your choice (such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or fresh herbs)
- Optional toppings like diced green onions, chives, or chopped fresh parsley
- Wash the mini sweet peppers and cut off the tops. Remove any seeds and membrane from the inside, leaving a clean cavity for the filling.
- In a bowl, mix the fat-free cream cheese (or your chosen low-fat cheese) with your preferred seasonings. You can get creative here by adding a pinch of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or fresh herbs like chopped chives or parsley. Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Using a small spoon or a piping bag, fill each mini pepper with the seasoned cheese mixture. Make sure not to overfill them, so they can close easily.
- If desired, sprinkle some diced green onions, chives, or chopped fresh parsley on top of the stuffed peppers for added flavor and presentation.
- Place the stuffed mini peppers on a baking sheet or a serving platter. You can also grill them for a smoky flavor or bake them in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Once they’re cooked to your liking, remove them from the oven or grill.
- Let them cool for a few minutes, as they will be hot right out of the oven or off the grill.
- Serve your zero points mini peppers with cheese as a tasty and guilt-free appetizer or snack option.