1 sheet of puff pastry 2 eggs Salt and pepper to taste 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional) 1 tablespoon chopped herbs (e.g., parsley, chives, or thyme) Instructions:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, lay out the puff pastry sheet on a clean surface. You can use a knife or a pizza cutter to divide it into smaller squares or rectangles, depending on your preference. You can make as many pastries as you have puff pastry for.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, season them with salt, pepper, and your chosen herbs. If you like, mix in some shredded cheese for added flavor.
- Place a spoonful of the beaten egg mixture in the center of each pastry square or rectangle.
- Fold the pastry over the egg mixture, creating a triangle or rectangle shape, and press the edges to seal.
- Lightly brush the top of each pastry with a little beaten egg for a golden finish.
- Place the egg pastries in the preheated air fryer basket. Make sure they’re not touching each other to allow proper circulation of hot air.
- Cook the pastries in the air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and puff up. Cooking times may vary depending on your specific air fryer, so keep an eye on them.
- Carefully remove the egg pastries from the air fryer basket and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your air fryer egg pastries while they’re still warm. They’re a delightful breakfast or snack option, and you can customize the fillings to suit your taste. These pastries are versatile, and you can add ingredients like sautéed vegetables, ham, bacon, or various types of cheese to make them even more delicious.