- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray or oil for the air fryer basket
- Grate the potatoes and onions using a box grater or a food processor with a grating attachment. Place the grated potatoes and onions in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grated potatoes, grated onion, beaten eggs, flour, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or a small amount of oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Using a spoon or your hands, form the potato mixture into small pancake patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Place them in the greased air fryer basket, leaving some space between each pancake.
- Cook the potato pancakes in the preheated air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for about 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your pancakes and the air fryer model you’re using. They should be golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Once the potato pancakes are done, remove them from the air fryer and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve your air fryer potato pancakes hot, either as a side dish or with sour cream, applesauce, or your favorite dipping sauce.