- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, melted butter, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything well.
- Arrange the peeled and deveined shrimp in a single layer in a baking dish or a cast-iron skillet.
- Pour the lemony garlic sauce over the shrimp. Make sure the shrimp are evenly coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the size of your shrimp, so keep an eye on them.
- Once the shrimp are cooked, remove them from the oven.
- Garnish the baked shrimp with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve the baked shrimp in lemony garlic sauce hot, with lemon wedges on the side for an extra burst of citrus flavor.
This dish pairs well with rice, pasta, or crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce. It’s a simple yet flavorful way to enjoy the natural taste of shrimp with the zesty and aromatic combination of lemon and garlic. Enjoy