- 1 pound of fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté them until they become tender and start to brown, which should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute, making sure not to let the garlic burn.
- Reduce the heat to low, then sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the mushrooms. Stir everything together until the cheese melts and coats the mushrooms evenly.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Remember that the Parmesan cheese is already salty, so adjust your seasoning accordingly.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve your Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms hot as a side dish or appetizer.
These mushrooms make for a great accompaniment to steaks, chicken, or pasta dishes, and they’re also wonderful on their own. Enjoy!