Carne Asada Pizza for an elevated, protein packed pizza experience.
- 2-3 Skirt Steaks
- 1.25 cups Chopped Cilantro
- ¼ cup Minced Garlic
- 2 medium Limes juiced
- 2 medium Oranges juiced
- 2 tbsp Jalapeño Puree
- 1.5 tbsp Kosher Salt
- Canola Oil as needed
- 1 Home Run Inn Pizza Traditional Cheese
- Pickled Red Onions for garnish
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Pico de Gallo for garnish
- Guacamole for garnish
CHILE LIME SAUCE:
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1.5 medium Limes juiced
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- Begin by adding the cilantro, minced garlic, jalapeno puree, lime juice, orange juice and canola oil into a bowl and mixing together thoroughly.
- Next, add your skirt steak to a food safe bag/bowl and pour in your marinade.
- Mix together to coat all the steak. Seal and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours but ideally overnight.
- Preheat your fire to high heat (around 450F) for direct grilling.
- Pull your steaks out of the bag and discard any excess marinade.
- Add your steaks to the grill to cook for about 1.5-2.5 minutes per side or until they are 125F internal.
- Once done, pull the steaks off and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Once rested, slice your steaks against the grain then into bite size cubes.
- Preheat your fire to high heat (around 450F) for indirect grilling. Create a two-zone grill with one side with all the coals and the other without any coals.
- Pull your frozen Home Run Inn Pizza out of the box and discard the plastic.
- Add to the grill to cook for 22-26 minutes making sure to rotate halfway through the cook.
- Once the pizza is 160F internal, pull it off the grill and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice up your pizza then begin building with the cubed steak, pickled red onions, chopped cilantro, pico de gallo, guacamole and chile lime sauce. Slice, serve and enjoy!