Try something different this Thanksgiving with these Rotisserie Turkey Legs. Glazed with a spicy honey bbq sauce over hot Cowboy Charcoal.
TURKEY LEG INGREDIENTS:
- 3-4 Whole Turkey Legs
- 2.5 tbsp of Chipotle Powder
- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp of Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Allspice
HONEY FIRE BBQ SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup of Cowboy Prairie Fire BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- Pre-light some Cowboy Charcoal, and set up your grill for 3-zone rotisserie grilling. Once coals are hot, add to grill and get to a consistent 300F.
- Lather the Turkey Legs with oil then season with chipotle powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, sea salt, cinnamon and allspice. Skewer the legs and secure tightly.
- Add turkey legs to rotisserie, cover and cook for about 40 minutes or until then reach an internal temperature of 165F.
- As turkey legs are cooking, add to your sauce pan the Cowboy Prairie Fire BBQ Sauce and Honey. Mix and set aside.
- Once turkey legs have reached temperature, take lid off grill and place bbq sauce pan on to grill in order to warm up. Once it starts bumbling, lather the outside of the turkey legs till they are covered in sauce. Let turkey lets caramelize (another 5 minutes) then pull off and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Pull turkey legs off skewer, add more bbq sauce if desired and enjoy!