For the Chaffles:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Cooking spray or a small amount of melted butter for the waffle iron
For the Burger:
- 1/4 lb ground beef (or your preferred meat substitute for a vegetarian option)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices, pickles, and any other toppings you prefer
- Cheese slices (optional)
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese, eggs, almond flour, baking powder, and garlic powder (if using). Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Once the waffle iron is hot, lightly grease it with cooking spray or a small amount of melted butter.
- Spoon half of the chaffle batter onto the center of the waffle iron and spread it out slightly to cover the surface. Close the waffle iron and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until the chaffle is golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully remove the chaffle from the waffle iron and let it cool on a wire rack. Repeat this process with the remaining batter to make the second chaffle.
- While the chaffles are cooling, form the ground beef into a patty and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the burger patty to your desired level of doneness (you can grill it, pan-fry it, or cook it in a skillet).
- If you’re adding cheese, place a slice on top of the burger patty while it’s still hot and let it melt.
- To assemble the chaffle burger, place one chaffle on a plate, add your cooked burger patty (with or without cheese), and then top with your preferred lettuce, tomato, pickles, and any other toppings you like.
- Place the second chaffle on top to complete your burger.
Serve your chaffle burger with a side of low-carb vegetables or a salad. Enjoy!