For the Dough:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter, sugar, and salt. Heat over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to low and add the flour all at once. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the dough to cool slightly, for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. The dough should be smooth and glossy.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped tip.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Pipe small circles of dough into the air fryer basket to make the donut holes.
- Air fry at 350°F for 5-7 minutes or until the churro donut holes are golden brown and crispy.
- While the donut holes are cooking, mix the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- When the donut holes are done, carefully remove them from the air fryer and immediately roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve the churro donut holes warm, and enjoy!