- 1 package of whole wheat or low-carb tortillas (choose tortillas that fit your dietary preferences and needs)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1 packet of low-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup salsa (choose a lower-calorie option if available)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven according to the tortilla package instructions. Typically, this is around 350°F (175°C).
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the lean ground turkey or chicken over medium heat until it’s fully cooked and no longer pink. Break it up into small crumbles as it cooks.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup of water to the skillet. Stir well and simmer for a few minutes until the mixture thickens and coats the meat evenly. Remove it from heat.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet that’s been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/4 cup of salsa on each tortilla as the base layer.
- Distribute the seasoned meat evenly over the salsa layer.
- Sprinkle the reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese on top of the meat.
- Bake the taco pizzas in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the tortillas become crispy and the cheese melts and bubbles.
- Once out of the oven, let the taco pizzas cool for a minute or two.
- Top each taco pizza with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and any other optional toppings like diced onions, sliced black olives, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and fresh cilantro.
- Cut each taco pizza into slices and serve immediately.
This taco pizza is relatively low in calories and can be a delicious addition to your Weight Watchers meal plan. Be sure to adjust ingredient quantities and toppings according to your specific dietary needs and preferences. Enjoy!