For the Chaffle:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing the waffle maker
For Toppings (Optional):
- Sugar-free syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chopped nuts
- Preheat your mini waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add in the shredded mozzarella cheese, almond flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Grease both sides of the waffle maker with butter or coconut oil.
- Spoon half of the chaffle batter into the center of the waffle maker. Close the lid and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the chaffle is golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully remove the chaffle from the waffle maker and let it cool on a wire rack for a minute. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- Optional: Cut the chaffle into halves or quarters to resemble slices of bread for the French toast.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of butter or oil.
- Dip each chaffle slice into a mixture of beaten egg, a splash of heavy cream, and a dash of cinnamon (just like you would for traditional French toast).
- Place the dipped chaffle slice onto the skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve your French Toast Chaffle with your choice of keto-friendly toppings like sugar-free syrup, berries, whipped cream, or chopped nuts.
Enjoy your delicious keto-friendly French Toast Chaffle! It’s a low-carb twist on a classic breakfast favorite.