For the Lasagna Roll-Ups:
- 8 lasagna noodles (whole wheat or gluten-free, if preferred)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (choose a low-point or sugar-free option for Weight Watchers)
For Garnish (optional):
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
1. Cook the Lasagna Noodles:
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set them aside.
2. Prepare the Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, half of the shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to make the filling.
3. Assemble the Roll-Ups:
- Lay out the cooked lasagna noodles on a clean surface or a baking sheet.
- Spread a portion of the cheese filling evenly over each noodle.
- Carefully roll up each noodle from one end to the other.
4. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
5. Arrange in a Baking Dish:
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place the lasagna roll-ups seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the top of the roll-ups.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the roll-ups.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the roll-ups are heated through and the cheese is melted.
7. Garnish and Serve:
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil or parsley if desired.
- Serve your Weight Watchers Lasagna Roll-Ups hot and enjoy!