- Use lean cuts of pork, such as pork loin or tenderloin, instead of fattier cuts.
- Trim any visible fat from the meat.
- Cook the pork with low-fat or no-added-sugar barbecue sauce or make your own using ingredients that are lower in SmartPoints.
- Consider using a slow cooker to prepare the pork without adding extra fats.
- Opt for sweet potato fries or baked fries instead of traditional deep-fried ones to save on SmartPoints.
- Use reduced-fat or fat-free cheese to reduce the SmartPoints value.
- Be mindful of portion sizes for the cheese. A little can go a long way in terms of flavor.
- You can also add healthier toppings like chopped fresh vegetables for extra nutrients without many added SmartPoints.