Ingredients for Weight Watchers CHEESEBURGER EGG ROLLS
1.5 lbs Lean ground turkey 99% fat-free
Cheeseburger egg rolls are a fun and creative fusion of two popular dishes, combining the flavors of a cheeseburger with the crispy texture of egg rolls. Here’s a basic recipe to make cheeseburger egg rolls:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it’s browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the chopped onion to the cooked beef and sauté for a few minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in the chopped pickles, shredded cheddar cheese, ketchup, and mustard. Cook for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted, and the mixture is well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take an egg roll wrapper and place it on a clean surface with one corner pointing towards you. Add a heaping tablespoon of the cheeseburger mixture near the bottom corner of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner up over the filling, then fold in the sides, and roll it up tightly like a burrito. Seal the top corner with a little water to ensure it sticks together.
- Repeat this process for the remaining egg roll wrappers and cheeseburger filling.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet or deep fryer to 350-375°F (175-190°C).
- Carefully place the egg rolls in the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry them until they’re golden brown and crispy, which should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the egg rolls with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- If desired, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for garnish.
- Serve the cheeseburger egg rolls with additional ketchup, mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce.
These cheeseburger egg rolls are a delicious and unique twist on a classic favorite. You can get creative with the ingredients, adding or omitting items to suit your taste. Enjoy!